Lost & Found
Need Help Finding A Missing Pet?
The SVAS maintains information of owners searching for their pets, as well as information of individuals who report a found animal. Reuniting hundreds of pets with their families is one of the most rewarding experiences of what we do at the shelter. Stray pets are held for 5 business days before being put up for adoption. If you have lost your pet or have found what appears to be an owned but stray animal, please contact SVAS at 701.852.6133 and please post your information on our Lost & Found section of this website using our easy online form. (Please note: it may take up to 24 hours for your information to generate on to our website.)
If You Find a Stray Animal…
• File a found report with the Animal Shelter or bring the animal to the Shelter (only if the county where the stray animal was found, is contracted with the SVAS).
• Be cautious when approaching the stray animal.
• Be careful about bringing the animal into your home, especially if you have your kids at home or your own animals.
• If the animal has ID tags, contact the owner directly.
• Get the word out by placing a “found” ad in the newspaper and posting flyers in your community.
• Check “lost” ads in the newspaper.
If You Lose Your Pet…
• File a lost report with the Animal Shelter or the Pound.
• Get the word out by placing a “lost” ad in the newspaper and posting flyers in your community.
• Check “found” ads in the newpaper.
• Call and visit the Animal Shelter regularly.
• Contact your neighbors and ask them to keep a look out.